Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Laundry day... ugh!

Dont you just adore the stripes on the wall? The guy in this apartment before us had an erm... interesting appreciation of colors. It looks mustard in this picbut IRL it is more of a pea green puky color... JUST what you want in your kitchen!


Well, I had to submit and do it at last... Today is laundry day and I am finally going to tackle the holiday clothes. I know, I know... you don't need to tell me... they should have been done over the weekend already... but I just didn't feel like it. I just checked the weather report now though and we have snow coming this weekend and next week (can you say YAY with me.... go on... YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY)...
But I do NOT feel like traipsing across the courtyard with a basket of cold wet laundry to take all the clothes to the drier, so I am doing it today while it is still warm *scoff* (who'da thunk that I would one day call 16 degrees warm huh!)


So Anyway, I thought I would share this excitement with you in pictures. Please note that while that kitchen looks like a bomb has hit it, it is really just ALOT of stuff crammed into a really small space and one or two dishes from breakfast this morning that I cant wash when I have the washer hooked up at the sink. Isn't this a cool little thing though? It's painful having to drag it out everytime I want to wash but better than using the communal washers in the building. *Bleurgh!* So when its wash time I drag the little washer out, hook it all up to the sink, use the detergent bottle to weight down the outlet pipe so I don't get water on the floor (I STILL get water on the floor from time to time) and voila!

So last night I was at a loss as to what to make/scrap and had read a few blogs of other AMerican scrappers who seem to have a "family" ornament that they make every year and add to the tree. I figured I would give it a go. I made one for our first Christmas together and then made one for Jack too. Jacks one has WAYYY to many brads on it... but oh well... and our one... I was SOOO mad with myself. It was stunning! ANd then I inked the edges before adding the brads, so when it came time to poke the brads through I had ink on my hands and wouldn't you know it, but I smeared ink all over our faces!! So I went to plan B.... whitewash watered down white paint over the pic... don't know quite what look I was going for... more about covering up the ink than anything else... and it worked! hahaha... 'cept now you can't see our faces properly. But I figured that I am a total newbie scrapper... Next year's one will be better and the year after that's will be better still.... So it is reflective of my skill level... and I kind of like that. ANyway, after all of that fanfare, here they are:


Have a great day!!

Ros

No comments: