Saturday, May 22, 2010

Trash to Treasure T-Shirt

Well, it's official I am on an upcycle roll today/tonight -- Oh! Would you look at the time! -- You saw the cute lamp of this afternoon, take now this humble T-Shirt to my left. Yes, it's tacky... P (and I) loves tacky T-Shirts and over the years he (we) have amassed quite a selection, but you see P is very particular about his clothes... VERY particular and while he liked this shirt, the fit was never quite right and so it only made it off the hanger on very rare occasions. Eventually a few months ago I gave up and bagged it with some other things destined for Goodwill.

As you know, I haven't been terribly enamored with Goodwill lately... and now that I've seen the prices as St. Vinnies are getting up there too, I decided to take a second look through the "Donate" bag before handing over what could be a goldmine... I am so glad I did!

When I saw the T-Shirts which were in the pile for various reasons I was reminded of this tutorial I had seen detailing a vest (tank) to babygro conversion. I wondered if I could do the same with some of these T-Shirts. So tonight, without a pattern I cut and fiddled and played around with my machine and came up with this... Ta Dah!!

No, I am sure it's not every mama's daydream onesie.  But it was free, it's cute (kinda trashy, but cute), it makes me feel clever AND I did my part for the planet by re-imagining something I already had!  Even P got behind this one, imagining all the cool band shirts we could turn into rompers... I am adding it to the pile of "one day" baby stuff I've created over the years. 

Now, do I dare make another... or should I get me'self to bed?!  

P.S.  Better picture to come tomorrow... Just had to share with someone tonight since the mister is already sleeping.

P.P.S.  If anyone has a Corrosion of Conformity T-Shirt... you know, the one with the spiky head... THE Corrosion T... give your pal Rozzie a call... I'd like to make a deal.  LOL  ;)


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lu said...

Hehehe this cracks me up! I reckon you could actually sell a series of these. Especially nowadays with the cool-crafty-green types out there who have a wicked sense of humour.