I hope that y'all had a wonderful weekend. Mine went by too fast as usual, but I feel like a got enough done around here. I had hoped to wake up on Saturday morning with loads of energy so that I could attack the dust and hairballs that have accumulated around here. I didn't do TOO badly, but it just wasn't as much of a blitz as I had hoped it would be.
Yesterday I finally finally got to complete a hackey. It's not perfect. Some stitches are tighter than others, I didn't finish it off properly at the top and instead I did it my way... and also it looks a little too large but P says it's the right size... But it's done. I couldn't find any plastic pellets to stuff it with. I had considered bird seed, but then when I was at the store I saw split peas and thought I would give those a bash. It's perfect. P checked the weight etc for me and he is happy with it. So it is ready to go into the post to Eren today! I had hoped to have 5 or 6 of them to send... but I just wasn't ready to tackle that many. After 25 attempts I am proud of this lil guy now.

Yesterday P and I took a drive out to Joann's and bought four rolls of that other yarn i was using for the blanket. I sat down yesterday afternoon and crocheted up a storm. Ten more squares have been added to the pile. After this I am going to have to decide on what contrasting color I want to use around the squares and for sewing them all up etc. It's going to be tough because of the colors being so bright... I kind of wish that I hadn't used this yarn to start off with, but then this is my first blanket... Now that I know I can do this there will be many more and this time they will be in more subtle muted colors.

Anyway, loads of work today so I had better run. Have a great week!!
ETA: The more I look at this yarn, the more I think I need to find that turquoise-ey color and use that as the contrast? Well... before I get ahead of myself I should probably go to Joann's when I am done with this lot and see what other colors they HAVE in this type of yarn....
No comments:
Post a Comment