Friday, February 01, 2008

A Completed Project

... Are you shocked?

So I finally put the finishing touches on the throw-afghan-knee-rug for my f-i-l. (That's a whole lotta -'s, huh?). It turned out fairly well. There are a couple of rows in the middle that are a bit wonky I now discover, but not wonky enough for me to undo and go back there!!
I did my first "proper" weaving in of the ends, sheesh what a pain in the butt THAT is! But it's finished and it looks goof and I am happy with it!

Unfortunately my f-i-l, who was released to rehab yesterday, has landed back in the hospital today after pulling his new hip out of whack in the night. (Prayers would be appreciated). We will probably be driving through to Austin this weekend to deliver the gift. With a bit of luck they will be able to pop the hip back and send him back to rehab.
I have another completed project to share (shock! horror! gasp!) But I am still trying to block it out. It's knitted... my first knit since I was kid... and the ends keep curling up. VERY frustrating!

And then there is a WIP I started on last night.... Embroidery! Inspired by THIS post and free pattern download by Elsita, (love her!) and THIS post by Rachel of Average Jane Crafter. I am no embroidery expert. The few tiny things I have tried it on were free-hand and nothing to write home about. The current project is coming along better than I had thought, but still nowhere near as beautiful as the projects these two ladies have produced! It's fun though, like coloring in REALLY carefully!

Will hopefully have that to share this weekend. Also, I am sewing my first ever zippered cushion cover (and cushion) for the couch and I will share a pic of the couch with you just as soon as I have made said cushion thereby adding more color to the long grey-brown couch. It needs SOMETHING.

Have a great weekend y'all!

No comments: